Data Base Sales Engineer, EMEA North
Bracknell or Remote Anywhere in the UK
Type of Job
£80, 000 - £90, 000
October 19, 2021
About the job
Migrowth are pleased to add a new technology vendor to our growing portfolio .My client is a Global recognised SaaS provider with 16 offices worldwide providing software and services to over 4,000 customers in may verticals such as Financial Services, Government , Information technology organisations.
Together we are looking for a Database Sales Engineer to join the team of sales engineering professionals.
What you will be doing
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the sales team in all technical aspects of the sales process including presentations, demos, proof of value, pilots, technical workshops, technical account management etc. You will work close with Field & Insides Sales, Partners, Product Management & Engineering to be a conduit of technical requirements to clients. It is anticipated most of the business will be in the UK and the Nordics.
Database, Operating System, and Software skills:
• Relational database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2). Active use or, administration of such database(s).
• Good understanding of Relational database concepts.
• Good knowledge of SQL, and SQL query tuning & debugging techniques.
• DB server tuning and debugging experience.
• Basic Linux system administration experience.
• Software installation & software troubleshooting experience.
Good understanding of the following concepts in relation to databases:
• High Availability.
• Performance trade-offs.
• Security & related concepts.
• Private/Public/Hybrid Clouds - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare Cloud, and OpenStack, Virtualization.
• Containers (Docker), Microservices, PaaS (OpenShift, CloudFoundry) - In relation to Databases.
• Ability to program in one or more of the following languages - Java, Python, node js, ruby, C/C++ using database connectors (JDBC, python, node js, ODBC).
• Understanding of (and able to write) bash shell scripts.
• Basic understanding of git.
Technical content development skills:
• Ability to author product feature blogs, create demo videos, and speak at conferences.