Pre Sales Engineer – Poly Video Solutions
Remote, covering the south of the UK from Birmingham down-towards south east /south west
Type of Job
August 19, 2021
About the job
The MiGrowth team are currently looking for a Pre Sales Engineer (Video) to join a reputable organisation who are leaders in the UC space.
What you will be doing
The Pre-Sales Engineer will work closely with our Senior Pre-Sales team, to qualify Sales opportunities in conjunction with the Salesperson and recommend appropriate solutions from vendors. They will provide technical input and responses to Sales queries, maintaining an expert knowledge of Video products.
The Pre-Sales Engineer must ensure that the most appropriate technical solution is chosen through technical discussions with stakeholders and outlined in a solution design, maintaining awareness of competitive solutions from other vendors.
The Pre-Sales Engineer will be encouraged to take responsibility for developing their own knowledge and experience, allowing them to make the best decisions for the customer by ultimately being the subject expert in their field.
The Pre-Sales Engineer will need to maintain a broad knowledge on the different types of products that the company distribute, this knowledge gives the ability to deploy or provide training on these various products.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
• Completion of handover documentation to customer services team and follow up as necessary
• Delivery of internal and external technical training (and occasionally onsite installations).
• Supervision of assigned customer trials or PoC, including regular customer contact and management of any issues identified by the customer.
• Providing technical input into the pre-sales process by guiding customers and sales to the correct solution.
• Prioritising and managing multiple Sales Opportunities at one time.
• Keeping internal documentation and systems relevant, readable and up to date, expanding where documentation is missing or inadequate.
• Around 3-5 years’ experience working in a Video Pre-Sales Engineering background
• Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
• Experience creating customer facing, video project documentation
• In depth knowledge of Poly Video Products including but not limited to, Group Series, Studio, G Series, Sound Structure.
• In depth knowledge of Poly Infrastructure including RealConnect, Clariti, Resource Manager, Access Director
• In depth knowledge of Pexip – including Infinity (Cloud and On Premise)
• Certification and in depth understanding of at least one other VC vendor. e.g., Yealink or Logitech
Additional knowledge that would be very useful (but not essential):
• Exposure to Virtualised Environments (VMware and Hyper-V)
• Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud or Amazon Cloud Services a plus
• Poly Video Solutions Expert
• Pexip CTE
• Knowledge of Logitech, Yealink, DTEN and Pexip
• A job with excellent prospects in one of the fastest growing companies of its kind.
• The reward of working with exciting vendors who offer great margin potential in growth sectors.
• Training and certification on technology & vendor systems as necessary.
• A relaxed and fun, collaborative team working environment.
• Fantastic company benefits incl. Pension scheme, private healthcare, a day off on your Birthday!
• Cycle to work & Tech schemes, perkbox membership with discounts, childcare vouchers, free fruit and refreshments, modern offices with free parking, staff organised charity events, kick-off’s... and much more!