DevOps Tech Lead
London - Remote
Type of Job
£90, 000 - £110, 000
July 7, 2021
About the job
MiGrowth is proud to partner with this organisation responsible for creating the world's leading content-to-commerce platform, helping publishers to monetize their commerce-related content, and retailers and brands to reach large, loyal shopping audiences.
What you will be doing
· Manage complex distributed systems using the state-of-the-art DevOps tooling and technologies, build automated deployment and testing environments and continuously improve the security and resilience of the infrastructure.
· Design, build, and maintain our Google Cloud platform, from high-volume data collection, automated scalability, through to serverless services and securing APIs
· Take personal ownership of all infrastructure and development operations for the team and ensure that all work meets user and commercial objectives, is delivered on time, to budget and to the quality standards agreed.
· Manage a team of DevOps Engineers while remaining very hands-on with the development process.
· Orchestrate the provisioning, load balancing, dynamic configuration, monitoring, and spend optimization of servers and services across cloud providers.
· Help with managing the procedures, infrastructure documentation, infrastructure and security compliance policies.
· If you get excited about solving complex real-world problems, have proven technical capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment, you'll feel right at home.
· Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, solving complex problems. Whether it’s building Kubernetes clusters that scale to billions of requests daily, working with torrent of incoming data, or integrating with complex partner ecosystems, they’re constantly thinking of new ways to innovate.
· Experience managing a cloud-based, enterprise platform running on Google Cloud or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
· Experience as a DevOps Engineer with hands-on experience with automating all stages of the software development lifecycle.
· Familiarity with building systems that efficiently scale to tens of thousands of requests per second and very large data volumes.
· Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, emphasizing both theory and practice.
· Experience setting up and tuning monitoring to efficiently detect and predict issues with Stackdriver, Grafana, Prometheus, Influxdb, Riemann.
· Experience leveraging technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Configuration Management using Terraform or Puppet.
· Experience with developing CI/CD pipelines.
· Scripting experience using Bash, Groovy, or Python.
· Experience managing relational databases such as MySQL.
· Understanding of networks, including subnets, VPN, firewalls, DNS, and load balancing.
· Highly collaborative team player.
· Healthcare insurance & cash plans.
· Parental Leave Policies.
· Learning & Development Program (educational tool).
· Flexible work schedules.
· Wellness Resource.