Senior Support Engineer - Relational database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2)
UK, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, France, Belgium, Spain, Czech Republic, Poland
Type of Job
£80, 000 - £90, 000
March 2, 2022
About the job
MiGrowth are pleased to add a new technology vendor to our growing portfolio .My client is a Global recognised SaaS provider with 16 offices worldwide providing software and services to over 4,000 customers in may verticals such as Financial Services, Government , Information technology organisations.
What you will be doing
· Work directly with customers to provide in-depth technical troubleshooting and recommend appropriate workaround(s) and solutions for all product lines and open-source PostgreSQL products.
· Collaborate with, and mentor, junior support engineers to triage issues; create reproducible test cases; file engagements and collaborate with development teams; design and submission of patches when possible.
· Collaborate with Development resources, many of whom are core members and major contributors to the PostgreSQL community; collaboration may include needs such as identification of enhancement requests or defects to existing product capabilities, design and test of patches where possible, or performance analysis and solutions interoperability.
· Serve as the primary point of contact to premium customers.
· Document solutions, procedures, and standards for customers as well as for internal use.
· Act as a Support Services representation to the Postgres Community - this component is not limited to the attributes of Support Services, but provides a conduit into the Postgres Community, and vice versa, by which the individual can maintain their presence and link issues or interests where they may be commonly held.
· 7+ years of significant PostgreSQL experience or equivalent knowledge.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge.
· Working knowledge of PostgreSQL third-party tools (i.e., pgpool, slony, pgbouncer, etc.).
· Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal).
· Exceptional problem-solving skills for abstract and complex issues.
· Quick-thinking, able to work well under pressure.
· Adept at documenting efforts, actions, and results.
· Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, or MongoDB.
· Experience with Docker & Kubernetes.
· Experience with orchestration & deployment tools such as:
· Experience with one or more of the major cloud providers.
· Amazon Web Services & RDS.
· Microsoft Azure & PostgreSQL for Azure.
· Google Cloud Platform & CloudSQL.
· Experience with Zookeeper or Kafka.
· Experience in scripting.
· Experience in application debugging and error-tracing.