Technical Support Engineer – Control
Type of Job
£30, 000 - £38, 000 DOE
July 12, 2021
About the job
MiGrowth are excited to be working with this Global Vendor of Audio Visual products together we are searching for a Engineer who has Technical experience of Audio Visual control products.
Are you an Engineer with an Electronic Audio Visual background with commercial skills? Then we are looking for you!
What you will be doing
- The Control Applications Engineer will be troubleshooting and assisting customers in the installation and operation of a range of Audio Visual control products.. Providing technical support, by phone, and email to our resellers and end-users.
- The Clients control hardware and PC software is used to control Audio Visual hardware products through a variety of methods, such as serial (RS232) or network (TCP/IP) interfaces using the Python programming language.
- These Audio Visual devices consists of 3rd party equipment like switchers, projectors, displays, lighting systems etc.
- You'll be assisting customers throughout the installation process and working with the software, troubleshooting any possible anomalies both with the software itself, as with the communication and operation of the Audio Visual hardware.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Windows OS (servers, registry, dlls, accounts, etc), SQL.
- Good knowledge in the practical networking area (TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addresses subnet masks, routers, NAT, gateways).
- Good English language skills verbal and written.
- Education (IT or Electronics) on College level.
- Good knowledge of Python 3.
- Basic knowledge of communication protocols like Rs232/Rs422/Infrared.
- Knowledge of Audio Visual system integration and/or Audio Visual control programming is preferred (AMX, Crestron, Extron ).